Truckers are the people who usually travel all around the country to make a living. While on the road, people hesitate generally using public toilets due to poor sanitary conditions. The toiletry need has raised the demand for the best portable toilet for truckers.
In this guide, we have reviewed the best toilets that are small, easy to carry, and, more importantly, fit best inside the trucks. Moreover, we will discuss the best portable toilet for truckers available in the market and describe the essential features of those toilets.
Top Portable Toilets for Truckers
- Porta Potti 365
- Camco 41541 Travel Toilet
- Porta Potti 92306
- Palm Springs 5 Gal Portable Toilet
- Dock Edge Visa Potty
OUR TOP PICKS FOR BEST PORTABLE TOILETS FOR TRUCKERS
- Material: Polypropylene
- Brand: Porta Poti
- Weight: 10.28 Pounds
The Porta Potti 365 has a modern appearance designed especially for boats, 18 wheelers, trucks, and RV’s. The toilet design, comfort, and seat height give the feeling of a standard bathroom toilet.
It is designed as a leak-proof toilet with no odors to escape; the portable toilet features a rotating spout to empty the wastewater tank without leaving any spills behind. The toilet comes in white color with two tanks: a four gallons freshwater tank and a 5.5 gallons wastewater holding tank. Moreover, the model has a Piston pump flush and allows approximately 55+ flush with a full tank.
The Porta 365 includes a tank level indicator that helps you know when the tank needs to be refilled. Its versatility and ease of maintenance make Porta Potti 365 the best outdoor option.
- Large size bowl
- 5.5-Gallon Wastewater Tank
- 4.2-Gallon Freshwater Tank
- Battery-Powered Flushing
- Tank Level Indicators
- Short battery life
- Color: White
- Brand: Camco
- Weight: 10.08 Pounds
The Camco 41541 is another excellent portable toilet, useful for hunting, road, and boat trips. As truck drivers embark on their long journey, Camco proves very helpful. This portable toilet features a wide seat and a large bowl size. The toilet has a 5.3-gallon detachable holding capacity and 2.5 gallons of freshwater. The sliding valve gate between both tanks is completely sealed, thus preventing leaks and odors.
The Camco 4155 body and the interior are made of ABS high-quality plastic, making waste cleaning more effortless and efficient. The toilet is suitable for people who weigh around 330 lbs or under.
- Sealed sliding valve
- Made of ABS Plastic
- 5.3-gallon detachable holding tank
- 2.5 gallons of freshwater tank
- No tank level indicators
- Material: Polypropylene
- Brand: Porta Potti
- Weight: 13.45 Pounds
The toilet’s elegant design and smart performance is a reason to buy the Porta Potti portable toilet. This toilet is an ideal option for 18 wheelers, vans, RV’s, and camping. It comes in a white-colored curved bowl with a comfortable seat height of 17-⅝ inches.
The Porta Potti has two holding tanks: a 4 gallons freshwater tank and a 5.5 gallons wastewater holding tank. Both tanks have level indicators, so you know many flushes you have left.
The portable toilet’s wastewater holding tank comes with a sealed valve, which prevents odors from escaping. Moreover, it features a battery-powered flushing mechanism; you can flush 56 flushes with a single fill.
This sleek and modern design toilet comes with incredible features that make it one of the top models on the market. It is easy to use and clean, and suitable for truckers and families on long trips.
- Large bowl size
- Battery Powered Flushing
- Odor and leak proof
- Tank Level Indicators
- Waste Disposal port
- Expensive replacements
- Short Battery life
- Material: High-Density Polyethylene
- Brand: Palm Springs Outdoor
- Weight: 12.1 Pounds
The Palm spring is a self-contained portable option for RV, trucks, boats, and trailers. It is a lightweight toilet made up of a durable matte finish and weighs 975 pounds when empty. The toilet is 16.5 inches high, 13.5 inches wide, and 12 inches deep.
It comes with two tanks made of high-graded polyethylene to prevent leakage. The freshwater tank has a 3-Gallon capacity and the wastewater tank has a capacity of 5-Gallon.
A double-sealed drain valve and corrosion-resistant side valves protect against wastewater leakage and odors. A built-in handle makes the toilet easier to transport everywhere. You can take it with you on long road trips or picnics.
- High-Graded Polyethylene Tanks
- Double-Sealed Drain Valve
- 3-Gallon Freshwater Tank
- 5-Gallon Wastewater Tank
- Replacement parts are not easily available
- Color: Grey
- Brand: Dock Edge
- Weight: 11.59 Pounds
The Dock Edge Visa potty is specially designed for hiking, camping, and road trips. It is a user-friendly toilet featuring a replaceable piston with a two-directional wash for enhanced cleaning. The portable toilet has a level indicator on both the freshwater tank and the waste holding tank. In addition, the detachable spouts are built for quick cleaning.
The toilet sealed valve makes it leak and odor-proof. Thus, the toilet handles the waste and flushes the tank, thus making it easy to carry the tank to dump the trash. In short, the Dock Edge toilet is an excellent choice with a lightweight air vent and sealed valves.
- Two-direction rinse
- Level Indicator
- Quick-release separation latches
- Deep bowl for comfort
- Low-quality Pull handle
Read About: Best Toilet For Rental Property
Things to Consider When Buying Portable Toilet For Trucker
While reviewing different portable toilets, we have tried our best to provide all the essential information about reviewed toilets. Additionally, our buying guide will help you know the necessary things you should know before buying the toilet.
The toilet material is the first thing you need to consider when buying a portable toilet. We suggest you choose a portable toilet made of high-quality non-breakable plastic.
The toilet price is another factor one should consider before buying a toilet. Usually, high-priced goods are supposed to be high-quality products. Don’t fall prey to pricing; always buy a toilet that meets your toiletry needs.
When it comes to portability, select a toilet that is lightweight and easy to carry during a road trip and picnic. The portable toilet minimizes the use of public restrooms and gives you peace of mind.
Benefits of Buying Portable Toilet
With a modern and high-quality portable toilet, you’ll move smoothly throughout the country. Below are some of the benefits of having a portable toilet in your truck.
- Hygienic: Finding a restroom with proper sanitation is the most challenging thing truckers have to deal with while traveling. A portable toilet plays a vital role, as you can avoid the risk of using unhygienic toilets.
- Portable: A portable toilet gives ease of traveling; most models are suitable for camping, RVs, and hiking. So, with the portable toilet, you will have no trouble going on long trips.
- Safe Travelling: Sometimes while traveling, we may come across wild and barren areas with no nearby stop. It will not be a good idea to leave the truck to use a restroom in such cases. With a portable toilet, you can safely use the toilet without leaving the truck.
How to Clean a Portable Toilet
Cleaning the portable toilet is essential for maintaining hygiene and preventing foul odors. To avoid unpleasant experiences during the trip, we suggest you regularly clean the toilet. For effective cleaning of portable toilets, we are sharing some cleaning tips you must follow.
- Use of Surface Cleaners: Use a good quality surface cleaner to remove the dirt and sludge; you can also use white vinegar or caustic soda for cleaning waste stuck on the toilet walls. The presence of dirt may cause a foul odor surrounding the area. The surface cleaning agents will give a refreshing feeling.
- Deodorize the Tanks: The holding tanks have bad smells; to remove the unpleasant smells, you should use a holding tank deodorizer. By adding an odor-eliminator inside the tank, the toilet will smell fresh and clean.
- Allow the Air Flow: Allow the fresh air to move inside the portable toilet for 10 to 15 minutes. The air will take away the remnants of foul odors. After a short time, you will see a clear difference.
We hope our review about the best portable toilet for truckers proved to help pick the right toilet. Consider a toilet that is easy to use and carry so that you can enjoy a comfortable trip. In our personal opinion, Porta Potti 550E is the best portable toilet for truckers on the market.
It is designed especially for 18 wheelers, trucks, and RV’s. The toilet comes in white color and has a comfortable seat. The model has a tank indicator and a battery-operated flush. If you still need any assistance, feel free to comment below.